Most frequent questions and answers

Many designers create plans that either look great but are difficult to build from, and others have poor presentation but good for the contractor.

At Guliker Design Group we design your dream home with your needs in mind as well as the builder and trades. 

With our 15 years of hands-on building experience, we understand how to design the home more efficiently without compromising the design and style your are looking for.

Our 3D floor plan views help you understand the layout of the home better than a typical 2 dimensional plan. 

  • Floor plans of all floors showing all walls, roof framing, floor framing, kitchen layout, window & door locations and sizes, driveways, sidewalks etc….
  • Roof plan showing all roof slopes facias, gutters, downspouts etc…
  • Site plan showing property lines, setbacks, existing buildings, proposed buildings, rights-of-way, easements, alluvial fans, driveway location and size, sidewalks etc…
  • Minimum of 2 building sections and more if needed.
  • All details required for the building permit and for the contractor/builder. 
  • 3D floor plans.
  • 3D perspective views of the front and rear of the home,
  • 3D full color exterior rendering of the home.
  • Building code analysis,
  • Zoning bylaw analysis. 
  • and more…

A feasibility study is a study that determines:

1. What you are permitted to build on your property,
2. What the Official community plan (OCP) is for your property,
3. What the property zoning can be changed to, 
4. What the maximum allowable building footprint is,
5. Minimum landscape area calculations,
6. Maximum of units permitted if you choose to build a multi-family home,
7. Determine the minimum number of parking stalls
needed & maximum number of stalls available on the site,
8. Determine drive aisle size, parking entrance, sidewalks etc…

If you property is located near a water course, or a water course runs through your property, you will not be able to build anything close to it. For many areas the default distance is 30 m (100 feet). If you property is small, you may not be able to build anything. 

A Qualified Environmental Professional can test the water course and determine if the setback distance can be reduced. 

There are a few reasons when a Geotech Engineer may be required: 

  • When building an addition to your home that puts more weight on the existing foundation.
  • When building in an area that is know for soft soil,
  • When the City having jurisdiction requires you to have get one or,
  • if the structural engineer requires one to determine what the soil bearing capacity is.