Agricultural Drafting and Design
We know that our agricultural clients trust us with more than the drafting and design of a building. Designing for agriculture is about enhancing the livelihoods of some of our hardest-working clients. Our designs improve bottom lines and operational efficiency. Plus, they result in maximally strong structures that are fit to protect precious assets. With our agricultural services, we seek to provide nothing less than peace of mind.
For our Agricultural clients, we draft and design:
- barns (e.g. equestrian, poultry, hog, calf, drive-through, and hay storage)
- manure pits
- commodity sheds, including lean-tos
Our design and drafting process is rooted in building strong relationships with our clients, who are fully empowered to collaborate with us in the design process. Invariably, during this process, we become more than collaborators—we become friends.
First, we pinpoint ‘true needs’. We start out by determining the “WHY” behind a desired project. Surprisingly, that’s not always immediately easy to define. We explore the circumstances, motivations, and objectives of our clients so that we can create a design that truly satisfies their needs.
Then, we design the floor plan. We will draft as many designs as needed until the client is completely satisfied, and totally understands what the final product will be.
Next, we design the exterior of the building. During this phase, we use our state-of-the-art visualization tools, like 3-D rendering programs that help our clients to see and feel the structure we are designing. This eliminates guesswork or confusion prior to breaking ground.
Finally, we create the building plans. At this point, the vision fully comes together. We draft a plan for a building that will be constructed at the most reasonable cost, without delays, confusion, or conflict. The end result is nothing short of a vision realized.
Advantages for Agricultural Clients
- We have expertise in timber-frame construction, for buildings with time-honoured elegance and stability
- During the construction phase, our clients can access our network of trusted contractors who share our values
- Our designs are grounded in strong structures that save our clients money during the construction phase
- Our imaging and rendering tools help our clients to see and feel the design we are creating
- We are great collaborators—not only with our clients, but with a range of contractors, including interior designers, engineers, and even geo-tech engineers