Residential Design and Drafting
When we provide design and drafting services for our residential clients, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to make dreams come true. Residential design is about getting all the aesthetic details right in order to create a large-scale work of art. But it’s also about creating a maximally strong and secure structure that will save our clients money during the construction phase. Our residential clients know that their Guliker-designed home will be artful and practical, beautiful and secure, unique and cost-effective.
We draft and design single and multi-family dwellings, including (but not limited to):
- Detached homes
Our design and drafting process is rooted in building strong relationships with our clients, who are fully empowered to collaborate with us in the design process. Invariably, during this process, we become more than collaborators—we become friends.
First, we pinpoint ‘true needs’. We start out by determining the “WHY” behind a desired project. Surprisingly, that’s not always immediately easy to define. We explore the circumstances, desires, and motivations of our clients so that we can create a design that truly satisfies their needs.
Then, we design the floor plan. We will draft as many designs as needed until the client is completely satisfied, and totally understands what the final product will be.
Next, we design the exterior of the home. During this phase, we use our state-of-the-art visualization tools, like 3-D rendering programs that help our clients to see and feel the home we are designing. This eliminates guesswork or confusion prior to breaking ground.
Finally, we create the building plans. At this point, the vision fully comes together. We draft a plan for a home that will be built at the most reasonable cost, without delays, confusion, or conflict. The end result is nothing short of a dream come true.
Advantages for our Residential Clients
- We have expertise in timbre-frame construction, for homes with a touch of heritage elegance
- During the construction phase, our clients can access our network of trusted contractors who share our values
- Our designs are grounded in strong structures that save our clients money during the construction phase
- Our imaging and rendering tools help our clients to see and feel the design we are creating
- We are great collaborators—not only with our clients, but with a range of contractors, including interior designers, engineers, and even geo-tech engineers